Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Who to Vote for?? Anyone have some insight??

So i dont know about ya'll but I am so confused about voting. This will be my second time voting in a presidential election. The time to make a decision is close approaching and I have no idea who to vote for. I know one thing, I dont think that I can vote to McCain. I started out liking Obama but then he came to ECU for a talk last year and I felt that he just talked about what would America better not what he was going to do to get America to that point. Also, now that they've picked VP's, I found that I had no idea who these people were. So I found a website that broke down their beliefs.      www.onetheissues.org



To sum it up:
McCain is for: schools having pray , death penatly, privatize SS, replace coal & oil with alternatives, illegal immigrants earn citizenship, expand the armed forces, stricter restrictions on political campaigns

McCain against: women's right to abortion, taking US troops out of Iraq, make taxes more progressive, more federal funding for health care


Sarah Palin is against abortion, against education of contraception (I know that many people agree with this but I feel that we should at least educate our kids; there are too many kids having kids because they dont know anything about contraception and protecting themselves), is all about finding our own source for oil instead of getting it from somewhere else, doesn't know how to end war in Iraq but wants to keep the troops safe as well as us. 


Obama is for: women's right to abortion, more federal funding for health care, replacing coal & oil with alternatives, make taxes more progressive, illegal immigrants earn citizenships, stricter limitations on political campaigns, US out of Iraq

Obama is against: teacher led prayer in school, death penalty, privatize social security, 

Joe Bidden is for allowing women to choose, save pentagon savings by getting out of iraq, civil unions ok and gay marriage inevitable, voted no on allowing pray in school, reducing oil use.

 So if anyone has anything to add to this or any insight to the whole who would be better at running the country please let me know...  

2 comments:

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

I totally agree with you that I don't know who to vote for... and about Obama stating he will change everything for the better but never says how. This will be my first year voting and I am so confused. Thanks for the website

Sadie Lady said...

I love it when people do my work for me. Thanks for giving me the DL. Just kidding I have been doing my own research, but I am keeping it top secret. I will say I am already disappointed in Sarah Palin and her unwillingness to talk to the press. I know the press can be evil, but this feels like it has a big BUSH Stamp of approval all over it.( I am not a BUSH supporter) Anywho. Good luck. The best advice is it to really sit down and find your thoughts on the issues at hand and then see which candidate tends to think that way. However you cann't always trust what they say. (Case in point Bill Clinton saying that he loved Hilary probably not true) Love ya.