So this past weekend, I went home with my best friend Katie. It was an interesting weekend. I went to church with her. Her father is a preacher at the local baptist church in her town ( which is the smallest town ever and really spread out. Tobacco country). They have sunday school for everyone the hour before the actual church service. And there was this really passionate (to the point of almost crazy) lady teaching the class. She kept yelling "praise the lord" and "my big daddy"( aka god). It was just a little weird. Her brother became a deacon in the church that day, which was an interesting experience that I have never witnessed.
On Monday, we went to her roommate's, our friend, lake house. I got to ride jet-ski's for the first time. What fun! and then we went on the boat. I have NOT apparently learned my lesson yet. I got sun burnt again. This time, not my back (the only place i did but sunscreen on), but rather on my front. Mainly, my arms and thighs. The next day I tried going to class but was unable to remain the whole time because I couldn't move. My skin was burning, radiating heat, and tight. So I went home and passed out for 4 hrs. I finally made it to the store to get some vinegar which helped hugely. Strangely, the places that hurt the most ( my arms and thighs) are fine now and now my face is left to heal. My face got burnt the worst and wind burned as well. I know, I know.. I'm such an idiot for not using my head and really learning my lesson in getting burnt. I think after this week I have. Better late then never.
There are several pics added to my slide show here from the day's activities.
2 comments:
What a fun vacation.
Sounds fun, but OH HOW I HATE SUNBURNS LIKE THAT! They are the worst!!!
Post a Comment