Natti inspired me. As I was going around school today, the buses as they always have on today displayed a tribute to 9-11 and not forgetting. But I feel like most people have forgotten. Because we aren't fighting on our soil, we have forgotten that we are in a war. Though i'm not sure how because everything that is going on in today's society is a result from this war and what happened on 9/11.
I still haven't forgotten where I was on this horrible day. I still get chills when I think about it. And whenever the national athem is played I get goose bumps, my heart pounds, and I hold back the tears.
It was 10th grade. I was in history class with Mr. Sullivan. I dont remember what we were talking about but all of a sudden another teacher comes in the back and says "Turn on the Tv, the twin towers are being bombed!" We looked at him like he was crazy and He just said "turn on CBS". So we did and we all stared at disbelief. We say the first tower on fire and within seconds of turning on the Tv, the second plane went into the 2nd tower. The rest of the day was a blurr. Everyone was in disbelief, many people worried about relatives who lived or worked in the city. Most teachers wouldn't let us watch the tv, they wanted to protect us. I remember watching for weeks after, the footage over and over. Sometimes I wish they would still play it as a daily reminder. My dad went down to the city to serve the volunteers food and I wish I could have gone, but they weren't letting anyone under 18 into the city.
I dated a guy for a long time who fought in the war. And though we aren't together anymore I thank everyone who fights our war for us. I feel horrible that we are sending our generation to a war when they aren't even old enough to legally buy a beer in our country. These poor men and women fighting for our country and coming back a shell of a person and no where to turn for help. As much as I'm glad that there is someone to fight for our country, I hope this war ends soon so that they can just be regular people.
Let us never forget.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
9/11
Posted by Courtney at 10:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LET US NEVER FOREGET! I love that! Thanks Courtney! I remeber I was getting ready for school and my mom was crying while watching the news, so I came to see what was going on. I was in shock I couldn't believe what my eyes where watching. My first thought was hoping you and all of your family were safe and not in harms way. Once I got to school it was all we wanted to talk about or watch but of course they woudn't let us. They wanted to "protect" us.
How nice to see a "students" perspective. I didn't think they would not have let you watch it. I understand because we really saw some scary things, but I know that I was changed that day because I saw those things. Thanks for this.
Post a Comment