So it's hurricane season once again. I am in NC getting ready for Hurricane Hanna (or however it's spelled). Today was crazy. Everyone in the town was out shopping for supplies for the weekend, traffic crazy, and everything was closing early. Apparently there is also a curfew for the night so that there aren't people out driving in the middle of the night, when the hurricane is supposed to hit. Honestly, I'm not worried about it. When I lived in Miami, we went thro 3 hurricans right in a row. New York got it worse as a tropical storm then we did in Miami as a hurricane. Some flooding in low areas is all i think the storm will warrant. But with a hurricane in the midst, party time is on. Every time there is a hurricane near, Gvegas is celebrating with "Hurricane party's". Everyone gets stocked up on food and beer and has huge party's while riding out the storm. It's a lot of fun! We'll be on the watch for the next one coming midweek next week, Hurricane Ike....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is so crazy! I would be terrified but I guess you must get used to it living there! Hope you stay safe!
Post a Comment