Today was my first day of training. It was called Trading Places. I had to spend the day with certain disabilities. First I had to walk all day with a walker. Then we went to Central Hudson to put nuts on bolts. Thats was fun... Then we went back to the day program and we had to color a bear with our opposite dominate hand and then clean a table blind. Then we went to a residential house and I had to set the table with my non-dominate hand and then we ate dinner with the 8 disabled people living there. It was nice. Very verbal which is unlike what I'm used to. Overall, It was a very interesting and eye opening day.
So for my new job I had to get a TB test done. Apparently I had an allergic reaction, which is common and runs in my family. Since I've never had a test done, I did not know this. However, it is somewhat hard to tell the difference between an allergic reaction and the test being positive. So I now have to go get a chest xray to make sure I dont have TB. I had trouble taking a picture of my arm, but you can sorta see. I had this red mark show up in the area. It didn't spread, hurt, burn, or anything. It was just red for over a week. It's finally going away but u can still tell where it is.
1 comments:
SOunds like a great job..
Post a Comment