Today was a beautiful day. We have finally been having some lovely weather here in NY and I'm loving it. I like winter and the snow. And we had our share of snow. After the last storm, I was ready for warm weather. Well here it comes. Let's just hope it stays!
I have made friends with a colleague of mine at my job at the Children's Annex. Her name is Kristy and she is an amazing women. I have a hard time making friends for whatever reason. I'm a bit loud and a bit too open about most things. I guess that puts people off. I also have an easier time making friends with people usually older than me. Kristy has this energy about her that just draws me to her. I find myself having to shut my mouth in order to stop talking to her cause it's just so easy to open up to her. She understands a lot of things about me. I'm so thankful to have someone to talk to about everything going on in my life. And she has such an objective view on my life, allowing her to give objective advice. It's wonderful.
Anyways, We both are into photography. She is just picking it up tho. We went for breakfast and then a photo shoot in Kingston. It was fun. It's nice to have someone who understands photography go out with me and take photographs. It made it easier for me to start shooting. I get kinda shy going out by myself or just with friends who dont know photography or who dont have a camera and just shoot. It's awkward. So it was refreshing. And of course we talked about our lives and basically had a therapy session without all the therapy mumbo-jumbo. Then I went for a massage, did some light shopping. I had to get some denim and velcro and of course NEW SANDALS!
( When we went out shooting pictures today I had on my old sandals, and I stepped on a water chestnut, it went straight through and into my foot. It drew blood and still hurts. Craziness!)
Then I got a pedicure to make my toenails look beautiful, I hate doing it myself. I never do it good enough.
Then I came home and cleaned my mom's house. For those who dont know, awhile back my mom got into a car accident. She has some spine damage and can't lift things or do heavy work. So I've been cleaning her house for some extra money and to help out. It's a pain. I have to dust, vacuum, and swiffer everything. The house is huge. Our house collects so many dust bunnies and dog hair, everything takes twice the time to clean it all. It sure is a chore. But I got it done in record time today! Now i'm catching up on little things here at my apt above the garage and doing some much needed laundry. There's twice as much since Collin lives with me now.
All in All it was a great day!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment