Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Coming To Utah !!

Alright for those who may not know, I WILL BE VISITING UTAH once again on Feb 19th thro the 23rd. I am so excited for this opportunity. I'm looking forward to seeing as many of the family as possible. Please let me know if we can hang out while I'm there. Time is short and would love to be able to get to see everyone. I'm bringing my camera and will be taking TONS of photographs, hopefully some of which will be used for my Senior show. Because I am graduating this May, finally, I have to put on a Senior show. It will be a body of work that I have worked on this semester. There is a solid idea and concept behind the work and the pictures are taken during the semester. My idea is based on transitions and people's situations; as I am going through many transitions or will be in the near future. It is a scary thing to finally be entering into the "real world" but i'm really excited about it. I have always seen art and photography as a way for me (as well as other people) to express my inner feelings, as well as, a way for me to work through unresolved issues. I find myself constantly asking myself a million questions. Such as, will I be able to find a job and be able to support myself? I would love to get a job having to do with my degree but in today's society that is highly unlikely right out of graduation. I personally don't care, as long as I can support myself and be stable. That's all i'm looking for right now. Anyways, back to my idea. I am going out into the community and reaching out to my family to be a part of my show. I am and wanting to photograph people in their everyday life living their situation. I am going to get them to write about their situation and feelings on things and incorporate it into the photograph. I was inspired by Jim Goldberg who did a series called the Rich and the Poor, among others. 

      While I'm out in Utah I hope to accomplish a lot. I want to spend time with my family. But I also want to document us just being a family. We keep growing and growing and I'd love to document the children playing and how we interact with our children. I'd also like to spend a lot of time with Jeremy and his family while we all go through this really hard time. I wish that I had a stronger relationship with him and the rest of the family. I have always felt close with them, though.  I feel close with everyone. Even though i'm not there and I didn't grow up near everyone, Every time I visit I feel loved and embraced by everyone. It's the most welcoming and heart touching feeling, especially since i haven't always felt that way. I always enjoy my time with everyone out in Utah. I hope to see you all soon. The 19th isn't far off. 
     A Special thank you to Aunt Peggy who has helped me find a way out to Utah in the first place. I know your house is a little full these days, so if anyone has a place where I can lay my head for a few nights while I'm there I would be most appreciative. Please let me know. 

6 comments:

TBird and Mikelle said...

We have a guest bed here.. also my mom has an extra room. My house is a little out of the way but You are welcome! Can't wait to see you.

Natti said...

I'm so excited for you! Don't you just love vacations! Unfortunately Jaqai and I will be in Florida visiting with Cobi and the family, so we'll miss you. We leave the 14th and return on the 22nd around 8:00pm so I guess we might be able to meet up depending on when your flight leaves on the 23rd. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

Can't wait to see ya!

Sadie Lady said...

Of course there is room at my place if you want it. I am excited to see you. I work on Monday 23rd, but I am open any other time, nothing on the calender.

Sadie Lady said...

I got your letter, but there was no questionnaire. Could you send it to me? You can e-mail it if you want.
Sadie

Sadie Lady said...

Just an FYI. I don't have a "bed" there is either the couch or a blow-up. Also I do have to work on Friday from 11-3. Sorry.