Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

sparking the imagination
































well the last week has been a BORING one... And ever since I got back from NY I've been in a funk... It's always hard to transition between NY and NC. It's so different. I'm such a New Yorker at heart. The need to always do something, be on the go. I like being busy. I like working at Hannaford. No one seems to understand why. But I like the people I work with there. They are nice. We all joke around. Even though i dont work there 24/7 365 days a year, we all just pick up where we left off. Friday nights are karaoke night at the registers with Ellen, who is our mamma bear. I love being able to make someone's day by singing along with the radio we have playing while u shop. most people like it. We always have our regulars. In the morning it's the old people who shop EVERY SINGLE DAY... and then at night we have our drunks who come buy to pick up more beer. and of course the millions of regular old joes who come to shop with their kids. Then there are the people who know me through my parents and half the time I HAVE NO IDEA who they are. Lol. 90% of the time it's a lot of fun. And I make really good money there. 
   In NC it's so slow. most the time I'm spending my time trying to be creative in a town that does very little to spark the imagination. and my job pays hardly over min. wage. a busy day is a 5 mins wait in one of the 5 lines that are open between the hours of 5-7pm. that is nothing compared to a busy day in NY. it's crazy how different it is here. no one is in a hurry to go anywhere. 
    well anyways enough about my complaining... here are a few of the pictures I took of myself while I am emerging from my funk and try to spark the creative flow. 

0 comments: