Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Update

Ok so it's been a few days since I've posted. Sorry. The last few days have been crazy. I went home for thanksgiving. I had a great time. On wednesday, my boyfriend from high school came over and made me dinner at our apartment over the garage. It was delicious. Then we went over and spent time with the family and ross's girlfriend Amelia. It was a blast. It was so much fun to get to know him better all over again and have the family get to know him again. We have started dating again and I couldn't be happier. It's been five years since we've talked and we have become super close in the past 3 months. We still have a lot to learn about each other. I'm throughly excited to get to do this. i've never been happier. 


 Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. I spent the whole day with the family. Aunt leslie and the kids and Mimi came over. We played games and ate appetizers. Then we had dinner about 5pm or so. It's kinda sad cause everyone left before 8pm. I remember growing up and everyone went to Mimi's. We would have around 10-15 people. We used to have so many people that there was always a kids table. Over the years the numbers dwindle. I'm ready for the numbers to grow again. Cause even though we had a good time, I miss the whole family getting together. Usually our get together lasts from around 3pm till 10pm. and usually there are about 5 different deserts. This year we stuck to the usual pumpkin and boy-scout apple pies. Never the less, it was fun.

 The rest of the time i split my time between family and friends. Collin ( my boyfriend) and I went on a few dates, including going to see Twilight. I was super excited. I tried not to go in with expectations but I couldn't help it. I was disappointed. I felt that the passion didn't come across as it did from the author. The characters didn't behave as I had pictured it from read i the books. But what can you say. It was a good movie. I finally was able to get together with my friend Jamie. We've been friends on and off since we were like 7. In high school and especially the last 5 years we have gotten extremely close. If it weren't for her, I dont know where i'd be. She's the only one who really knows me. And she feels the same about me. She my best friend and I love her to death. This semester has been really hard on both of us so i'm glad we were able to catch up. 

 I have been back in NC since last monday. I had classes Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday was reading day and Friday was the begining of finals. Thursday and Friday were also the days of the art buildings annual Holiday sale. I decided to try my luck at selling a few pieces, i'll find out tomorrow if I did or not. This week is going to be a long hard week. I work mon, weds, and friday. I have finals tuesday and friday. I already have taken 2 finals. But I have a lot to work on for my sculpture class. Wish me luck! 

I'll be back in NY by the 18th of Dec. and i'll hopefully be back at work at Hannaford. You never know with today's economy. I plan on spending time with friends and working most the time. On Dec. 21st, My parents are having the 2nd annual trim the tree christmas party. This year the theme is sports i think. We have friends and family over and everyone brings the kids and a ordainment for our tree. It's kinda cool. It's always been sorta a family tradition to get each other ordainments for the tree. like from a place we went that year. It's fun.  anyways, i'm looking forward to going home. I'm tired of being alone. I like staying busy and here there isn't much to stay busy with. So after my friends 21st birthday next tuesday i'm heading home again. I'll be there for about 3 weeks and then i'm probably gonna go to Kentucky to visit my boyfriend for a little bit before i have to come back here for MY LAST SEMESTER. 

 Well this is getting long and I guess I should let ya'll go. I'll try to keep the posts coming more frequent cause like you, I enjoy reading up to date posts about your families. It makes me feel like i'm a part of your life. Hope you all had a great thanksgiving and Have a great Christmas!

5 comments:

Natti said...

LUCK! I'm so glad to read your updates. It sounds like you've found some happiness and I love to hear that! Doing the long distance thing has got to be hard though. Make sure you drive careful on your way home. Love Ya!

Sadie Lady said...

YEAH!! I love to hear what is going on and actually it seems like a lot right now. Crazy with all the holiday and family stuff you had time to fit in a boy toy. (A girl can always make time right? Who needs sleep anyway). I really hope that you have a wonderful holiday. All of us here love ya.

Natti said...

That's good! I'm so happy for you Courtney!

Courtney said...

lol. he's more than a boy toy! but yeah... i'll have time to sleep when i'm older... like 80 lol...

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

Glad you are happy!! :)