Santa Came! I had a great christmas. I started work this past monday, which is later than usual. And due to a miscommunication between supervisors, i was only supposed to work 2 days. Which is ridiculous. Well due to a few people quitting I was able to redeem a bunch of hours and worked my butt off monday through wednesday. Yes I worked Christmas eve, which i've never done before. But when you need the hours you do what u can to make the money. right? well Hannaford, which a 24/7 store closed it's doors at 6pm for the only day that it's closed all year long Christmas. We close from 6pm on christmas eve till like 7am the day after christmas. Every other day we are open for business. So anyways, after work on christmas eve, We went to dinner at the Hillside manor for dinner. I had a wonderful rack of lamb. We then went to church for the candle light service. Afterward, we opened our one gift ( Which has only become a custom in our family since ashby was like 5 years old or something). Amelia slept over and we celebrated christmas together. Opening stockings on the rents bed, and then gifts down in the view room. I was excited cause me and ross got the majority of gifts this year instead of ashby! lol. Ross and I both got amazing kitchen items. And I made out with 2 egg poachers! I got a bunch of gift certificates. Amelia and Ross (mostly Amelia) made home made gifts. I received hot coco as well as a book I wanted. So far it's interesting. It's called Eat, pray, love. I forget the author. I went an got a book today to learn how to make sushi. Our whole family loves sushi, including Amelia and my boyfriend Collin. I love that I have a boyfriend who already enjoys the same foods as I do. We love to make our own sushi at home. It's so healthy, it's light but fills you up. Ashby bought himself a Wii and got a new game from me and a few accessories from his brother. Ross got a few items for his Wii as well. My fav gift was from my parents which was a new lens for my camera. it's a zoom lens 70-300mm. I'm so excited to get to use it. Another favorite was a hand made wood box my grandfather made me. Usually he gives money but to have a gift made from the heart was really nice. He usually isn't one to express himself in that way so to have something like that means a lot. Well, this week I got plenty of hours and will be working nights pretty much all week, including new years. I dont mind working new years because honestly there is no point in being home before 11 anyways. the ball doesn't drop till midnight so getting off at 11pm is fine by me and i get paid time and half. I'm looking forward to this week. I'm super excited for the 7th because i'm going to be going to Kentucky to visit my boyfriend. Overall it's been a fun few weeks so far.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Santa Came!
By the way, I helped my mom make a blog so check her out at thelifeofjulieann.blogspot.com . She is super excited she finally set one up!
Posted by Courtney at 2:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment