Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Well the last 2 weeks have busy. I have been working long and hard. I had 3 initial orientation training days. Then I worked 2 days and basically just got to know everyone and follow my mentor around to get the ladies schedules down. During the week they go to program. I have to pick them up around 3pm. They come home and we bathroom everyone. We have dinner around 5pm. One person cooks dinner. 3 ladies are independent eating, 3 are not. Then after dinner everyone gets bathroomed again. We work on goals then they can sit and watch tv or do what they want. Someone else cleans up the kitchen. All night there is laundry to be done. around 7pm showers get started. There are only 2 bathrooms. There are usually 3 people on duty at a time so each staff gets 2 ladies to shower. Then everyone goes to bed once their shower is finished. Then you have to document everything. These ladies are VERY hands on. The last 3 weeks I've been working an extra shift on thursdays and this month I have a training every Wednesday on different agency policy's. At my new job I work every weekend fri thro mon a total of 37 hrs. Then there was the extra shift and training on wed. Plus I work every morning at a school for autistic children. So I've been working my butt off. This week I finally get a break. Needless to say I AM LOVING MY NEW JOB. The ladies are wonderful to work with. There is always something to laugh about. And for the most part it's a really relax place to work. Just thought i'd update on how things are going.


Now all I have to get through the next two weeks of birthdays and mothers day. My baby's bday is next sunday!! (so is Ashby's) ... Then ross's 3 days later and then comes mothers day... AHHH!!!!

2 comments:

Sadie Lady said...

Glad you are happy with the new job. Sounds like a lot to take in. Congrats on finding something you like.

TBird and Mikelle said...

sounds like you are crazy busy! glad it is something you enjoy though.