Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Friday, April 10, 2009

My birthday celebration continues


Wednesday Katie, Amanda, and I went to dinner at a local place called Tripps. We both got REALLY good margaritas. Katie was going out to town the next day so we celebrated before she left. We had a good time! 










So then thursday night Mimi came into town to see my show, the place i've lived for the last 4 years and for my birthday since she couldn't make the opening reception last weekend. I spent all day showing her around town. She was thrilled to see my place of habitation and my show. It was such a nice day out too. Then I had to go to work for a few hours while I waited for a girl to show up to cover the rest of my shift. My boss screwed up my schedule once again and I was left to fix it while she called my liar. I'm sorry but I take my birthday seriously and I'm not about to work till 10pm especially when my grandma is visiting me for the first and last time here. So the girl finally showed up and I was able to enjoy the rest of my day.  We went to Dinner at the Starlite Cafe, where (my family will be shocked) I VENTURED OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE in food. We ordered a Tappas appetizer which was delicious. First was lamb meatballs, then some kind of egg dish, and then a salmon salad. Then I had the bass cooked in a lemon basil and orange sauce with pilaf. It was soo good. Then for desert I got some kind of lemon ice cream which was to die for. 



Then we went to the newly redone fountain on campus. This is from far away. I have two other images which I will have to upload later. I also have a few other pictures from earlier in the day from our adventure on campus. All in all my day was pretty good. 

PS I have to say that I finally received something I've been wanting for awhile. Mimi got me the Annie Leibovitz lifetime photography book. Which I know is expensive. I am in love. I am so excited to have a real coffee table art book that I will thoroughly enjoy more than once. 

0 comments: