Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Friday, April 5, 2013

2013

Well this year has been kinda crazy... About a month ago, Collin moved all the way to Portland, OR. His friend had moved there a few months prior and had gotten settled. He told collin to come on out, that there were lots of jobs, since nothing is happening here in NY. After pounding the pavement for 4 weeks, he has finally got a job !!! 9 months of unemployment and a move across the country... I am so happy and proud of him! It hasn't been easy. This year was tough. And it's even tougher to stand by and route someone on despite all the pressure mounting on you with bills and what have you. Not to mention the constant nag of people asking when he was gonna get a job as though he wasn't trying. You live in shit whole kingston, NY and try to find a job. And yeah maybe there was a job at mcdonalds but where is that going to get us?

Anyways, I'm excited about the aspect of moving to Portland, OR. It sounds like the perfect place for us. Collin seems to be settling ok. And I feel like it is the place for me. But not yet. We still have a ways to go before the official move happens. Collin needs to get truly established and make a place for himself. And we have to get on our feet financially (when is that going to happen? I feel like i've been trying to do this since I graduated... 4 years ago) and save money for the move... It's not cheap moving across the country.

In the meantime, I went ahead and got a second job. Macy's said I was overqualified. Which at the time, did not feel like a compliment. I mean who cares in today's economy if i've overqualified, if i'm going to be a hard worker and have all the qualities and more than your looking for... geez.. But there is a different department within my agency called Community Hab. They do basically respite work. Some are straight respite, some have goals and are called comm hab. I work 15-20 hrs extra a week with 4 different cases. I make up my own schedule. The best part is I get to work with kids. I love it! This is my calling.  They all are on the spectrum.And the kids, they all take to me. I get paid great pay cause it's all overtime and it goes on one paycheck. I've also been picking up extra hours at my reg work but that might not be happening much anymore because of budget cuts they are trying to cut back on overtime... We shall see.

I have a wedding planner and we have a venue booked with an official date! SAVE THE DATES will be ordered and mailed out soon. Thank god! I'm so glad and can't wait. Things are finally falling into place.

So that's my life right now.

1 comments:

Sadie Lady said...

Wow. That is quite a change. I am glad that it is working out and that you are happy about it. I hope that the year just gets better.