So I wanted to try my hand in something new this year. I also wanted to get something unique for collin this year. What's better than a piece of furniture that he really needed? So i spent over 6 months looking for the perfect dresser to repaint. And my semi-hardwork paid off. I found 2 dressers for under $100 (for both). Not bad. I researched on pintrest on the best way to paint furniture and what i would need. I enlisted a friend with a suv to get the dressers and some help from my brother Ross.
I only painted one dresser so far and finished it just in time for christmas. I spent countless nights after working extra hours at work and with a cold none the less, sanding down and repainting the dresser. I forgot to take real before pictures but it was painted all white with this tacky white paint.
Then i noticed that the back of the dresser needed to be replaced.. This is where ross comes in.
And then i painted the outside and inside of the dresser and drawers...
I did all this while in the basement of the garage where there is no heat... it was very cold. But it was so worth it...
The end result!
He was so excited to finally have his own dresser and of course the color scheme is amazing!!
The pictures do not do justice to the finished product but I'm very happy with it!






1 comments:
Sweet! That looks great.
Post a Comment