Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Monday, August 19, 2013

Portland

              Wow! I am so far behind on updating my blog. This summer has been really hard. I lost my job over some BS. Which was a huge blow. But I managed through it and made some hard decisions. I fought to clear my name which took ALL summer but I finally won. I moved in with my Mimi to save money while I got on unemployment and food stamps. Then Collin got a huge break, he won his workers comp. case and got a huge check. So we made plans for me to FINALLY make the move to Portland, OR!!
                I packed everything up in my apartment and moved it to the garage. I had several garage sales to make some money and down size. Then i waited another month and a half while I lived at Mimi's. We had a blast. We played many games of scrabble. I even won a few.
                 Then everyone started arriving for Mimi's big 75th birthday bash. Dad was first. He got there a whole week and a half before. I started saying my goodbyes to everyone in New York which wasn't easy. On August 9th, we spent all day getting the truck and the car dolly and then attempting to pack the truck. Rain delayed us a day but we managed to get all but one piece on the truck.
Mimi's birthday bash was Sunday and it was nice to have family all in one spot to say goodbye. It wasn't easy and tears were shed. Monday we left around noon and began the 4 day trip across the country.
              I  CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST MOVED FROM ONE COAST TO THE OTHER!! A huge shout out to my dad for being able to help me drive. I wouldn't have been able to do it without your help and support. I drove the big truck with the car behind me! I also drove down a 6% decline once in Oregon. CRAZY!!
               Once in Portland, Dad had 4 days before he flew home. So we relaxed a little. I spent 6 hours cleaning the bachelor pad (Collin and I are sharing an apartment with a friend of his, who is also from New York {been best friends since childhood}...) and then unpacked the car. Saturday we unpacked the truck. We have soo much stuff. I am still working on unpacking things and making boxes disappear. But I made huge progress over the last few days.
             So there you have it... I move from Kingston, NY to Portland, OR. I am so excited to be living on the west coast. To be closer to family. To be living in a  city. To have new opportunities and make a name for myself here, to have a wonderful place to have a family.

1 comments:

Sadie Lady said...

Yahoo! That is awesome! Way to go! Have fun. Can't wait to come visit...after you get settled...and I get the cash!