So I've been seeing a sleep specialist. I went and had a sleep study done about a month ago and I just got the results. Basically I'm on the cuspe. I don't have sleep apnea but because of my snoring probably caused by being overweight, my oxygen levels drops enough for my brain to go from being nonactive ( going into REM sleep which is the most important cycle of a sleep pattern) to active every 3 seconds or so. Basically my brain is active while i'm sleeping which equals me being tired during the day and wanting/ needing naps during the day or caffiene.
Bottom line: LOOSE WEIGHT
She did however prescribe ambien (which MVP will only cover up to 15 pills a month which means i can only take it every other night) and Flonase, a spray to open my nasal passages. I also went back on my anti anxiety medication due to being overwhelmed with my recent time out of work from my back giving out and only having one income, etc etc.
SOO ... Last week I made a promise to myself to try. I bought lots of fruits and veggies. Not too many so they didn't rot before I could eat them. Every morning I have had fruit for breakfast. And almost every day I'm having salad for lunch, or some veggie as a main dish. I have increased my water intake over the last 2 months. Yes i pee ALL the time which really is all the time cause i have a bladder the size of a pea.
This week I've decided to try pushing the exercise. I heard an actor on Rachel ray's talk show 2 weeks ago about this app that takes you from the couch to running a 5k. I've never been a runner. I've never been into sports or exercising. But I have been jealous of those who seem to really enjoy it. So I'm making myself at least try. I'm taking all those things I pin on pintrest about and at least making an effort.
So today was day 1 in the excerise department. I found this awesome website via pinrest that has beginner warm ups and easy exercises. check it out at http://skinnyms.com/shape-up-size-down-beginners-workout/ . There are different videos and different levels. Then i went outside and used my C25K Iphone app. I didn't finish it. But I made it half way through day 1 of a 30 min cycle between running and brisk walking. I walked for a total of 27 mins and ran for a total of 3 mins. Which is more than i did yesterday. So I am proud of myself for accomplishing that. In total i spent 1 1/2 hours exercising. After getting back i did my exercises my chiropractor gave me and then warmed down. Drank 2 glasses of water and now here i am.
I made it. And I tried!
Monday, September 24, 2012
The New Me
Posted by Courtney at 5:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You didn't just try...YOU DID! Great job. Thanks for the inspiration. I will go get off my arse now!
Post a Comment