Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Thursday, June 7, 2012

I'm a supervisor !!

So i've been wanting to change jobs for awhile. Right now I work at Day Hab working with mentally challenged adults age 18-30. The majority of the adults i work with right now are very high functioning and have multiple diagnosis, 95% of them have some form of autism. (Honestly i think everyone has a little bit of autism these days.. it's such a wide spectrum.) It's very high pace, mentally and physically draining 40 hr weeks. And honestly, management i think is a little too controlling of everyone at this particular day hab. So needless to say, I'm not happy. It's more than i can handle right now and I'd prefer a less controlling, less harassing work environment.
     So i put in for several different jobs before i went on vacation about a month ago. First i put in for a nice house of three older women for a residential specialist with med support. That position would be the one who works with the individuals of the house but also helps the nurse with the medications; ordering, scripts, dr.'s appointment, etc. Well, that was filled before i even left. But they sent my application over to another house who was looking for a residential specialist to help with the care and support of individuals but also help to make outings happen and involve the 11 people who lived there with activities they enjoyed and connect with their community. I was perfect for the job and they liked me so much they offered me a job on the spot. BUT I had also put in for the supervisor position at my old house in glasco. There are 6 ladies who live there  ranging from 33-68. They are lower functioning but quiet lovely and fun ladies. I missed them and the people i used to work with. I interviewed but didn't quiet get the same response as the other house. And they had another to interview. But my job is union and seniority has power. So I finally got the call last friday.

  I GOT THE JOB!! and I'm going to be a SUPERVISOR!! A job promotion with a pay raise!! So excited!!

While i'm still unsure of how things will work out and I don't seem to be getting the same enthusiasm as I have back from people I tell, I think everything will be ok. So my last day at my current hell hole is next friday, the 15th. And I start my new job (within the same agency), and the next chapter in my life, on Sunday the 17th!

1 comments:

Sadie Lady said...

CONGRATS!!! Sorry, for the delay of my response. I have been off the grid here for awhile. That is honestly SO great!! I hope you are loving it. Keep up the posts. I want to know how it is going.