I GOT A JOB PROMOTION...
Well it's not really a promotion. I work in a house for an agency working in assisting Mentally Retarded Adults. My house has 6 ladies who range in their abilities but are mostly non verbal. I LOVE IT!! Anyways. I applied for different hours but i'll be working at the same house. We have a lady who needs to come home from program ( they all go to a day hab during the day where they do different things like crafts or work on goals or hang out depending on their abilities) half way through the day. So they need a person to drive her home and take care of her. Right now i work weekends. I work a 37 hr week from friday to monday. Starting Oct 18th I will work Monday through friday. I will have my weekends back which is awesome since all my friends have weekends available and Collin has sundays off so we can be together one day a week. We haven't been seeing much of each other lately. He's been working at Headless Horsemen ( a rated Number 1 nationwide Haunted attraction) every weekend after working his normal job. I will also have monday and friday nights off and wednesday and thursday during the day available. I'm excited. Pay's the same and i'm not loosing any hours.
My dad called me about three weeks ago saying that he was going to get Collin a plane ticket along with mine to come see him in El Salvador for his bday and Thanksgiving. I am so excited. It will be our first time traveling together. It also makes me a little nervous because for one he has metal in 3 different places in his body. I've heard many different stories about getting through security with metal in your body. Personally it scares me a little. Well makes me nervous. So we had to get Collin a passport. I was stressing big time because we had to wait till pay day which was like 2 weeks later and our fly date is 8 weeks after we did that. I was nervous the passport wouldn't get here in time. But the Post Office crew said that they just renewed theirs and it came back in 3 weeks. So i'm feeling optimistic. We also didn't have to pay as much as we thought. Always a good thing... I can't wait to travel. I'm so thankful that my dad invited us and got us the tickets.
2 comments:
Congrats on the job upgrade. Better hours is always fun to have. If you are nervous about flying get one of his doctors to write a letter about the metal. It really isn't required, but since I work with an Ortho Doc I know a lot of people are nervous and we write letters for patient's all the time.
Congrats on the job change! Hope that works better for you!!!
Post a Comment