So I haven't talked much since I left for G-Vegas, as we call it here. I have set up my apartment and got my cable situated. I was angry because I didn't have cable my first weekend due to idiots, long story, and missed the olympics.
School has started and I really like my Neuropsych and asian art history. I have the biggest desire to go to Asia and travel to India, China, and Japan. There is so much in the world that I want to experience and see. Neuropsychology is very interesting but is going to be a lot of work because it is all about memorizing the anatomy and then understanding the psychology behind it.
I'm also taking sculpture studio 1 which I'm sorta of enjoying. I'm learning to stone carve. Which is a hard work. I'm also taking Color photography, which is now a digital class. I have revisited some color slides that I took a long time ago and never did anything with them. I have so many ideas and it's all overwhelming because there are things I want to work on and then there are things I have to work on. and thats only one class.
I am loving living on my own in my own apartment for the first time. It's wonderful. However, I do miss my family and friends. It's always hard to leave. Being at school is hard because unlike being at home, I spend a lot of my time alone and sitting around with my own thoughts for too long. Unfortunately, thats part of being a college student (who would rather not party) and artist. At home, especially this summer, I was super busy. Working 2 jobs and constantly on the go. I was supporting my brother and taking pictures all summer as well. So going from being busy busy busy to physically calm and just mentally exhausted is a hard transition and makes me sorta sad.
I have put in a lot of application around town. I finally received a call back from Food Lion, which happens to be the sister store of Hannaford, the grocery store I work at back home. My interview went really well and I think I got the job. It's down the rate of pay now and so I will hear back soon if I got the job.
So to end this rambling update on my life. I think that this semester is going to be a good one. A LOT of hard work but It will be really rewarding I think.
1 comments:
Enjoy this time. Remember very very very soon you be a full fledged adult and no longer have the time to enjoy taking classes and thinking of what you want to do, but rather be busy doing things you have to do. Enjoy yourself.
Post a Comment