It is my goal this year to be as environmentally friendly. I have already started using
reusable bags when I go shopping to cut down on the use of plastic bags, as well as,
recycling as much as possible. New York makes it easier to recycle by giving you
money, that you previously paid for, back. It aggravates me that North Carolina does
not have the same standards. And I wish the United States took recycling as serious as
some other countries have, such as Europe. My aunt has told us that in order to live
there and properly recycle (which is mandatory). Why can't we have such high
standards here?
I've been reading a lot of different articles about different things we can do to be green.
First is using your car less but thats a choice I don't really have. I do plan to use the school buses more this year, which happen to go by my new apartment.
Second, is using reusable bags instead of paper or plastic. But even paper is better than plastic.
Third, use energy efficient bulbs. Though they are more money, they end up saving you money on your electric bill. So they pay for themselves and more.
Also, when your done with an appliance it helps to unplug them. For items where that is a pain, buy a surge protector that you can turn off. When an appliance is plugged in, it apparently is still using energy. Unplugging them can help you save money on your electric bill and help save the earth!
Thought this might be interesting to ya'll. Maybe it will encourage some of you to do your part in helping to save our planet.
1 comments:
Great Idea! I def need to try to be a litte more "green".
Post a Comment