Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Almost the end of the Summer


Some good news; my dad has moved back in. Everyone's love and prayers must have done some good. Things are still unsure and up in the air but at least he is at home and really trying to work things out. This summer has definitely not the summer I had planned but things never go the way we plan. It has been an interesting one for sure. It is sad to say that for me, the summer is coming to an end. I have a week and a half left at Hannaford, the grocery store that I work at. And I have an extra four days after that working at the Children's Annex. Then it's back to NC. I'm already getting anxious about getting settled down there. I'm really looking forward to moving into my own place. 

 Things have been crazy this summer with working two jobs and the emotional turmoil going on here at home. My days off aren't even days off, they are filled with doctor appointments an working on my senior thesis by taking pictures at ashby's swim meets.  At least I have a lot to work with. This weekend is DUSO's which is the big championship between all the local swim teams. On Sunday Ashby is also swimming across the River for the third annual fundraiser for the River pool. ( River pool is a community project to make a pool in the Hudson River but filter out all the garbage in the Hudson.) I'm very excited because tho it's his third year, It's my first time getting to see him swim across the Hudson. 

1 comments:

Kelli J. said...

I am happy to hear that there are some positive changes at home! Seriously...you have had a lot to deal with! We love you and are thinking of all of you!!! You're right; keeping busy especially when your in the midst of turmoil helps get you through it.