Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cant sleep update

As i lie here in bed not able to sleep cause i have insomnia along with the fact that ive been in bed for the last week for about 90% of the time; ive decided to write on here to update you all. And by you all, i probably mean like two people. ( warning: due to muscle relaxers the side affects could be slight depression and ive noticed im a little loopy as well sometimes)
Last tuesday while at work at 630 am, i bent over and felt a sharp pain up my back. I almost fell over. I lost my breath and immediately starting crying.. ( i had no control over any of this) Within 20 mins i was dizzy to the point of almost passing out, disoriented, puking and in extreme pain. We only have one car right now and of course i had it at work with me. Being in no shape to drive, i called collin and asked him to come get me. I had to call him again to inform him i needed to go to the ER. As i waited for him to get a ride to my job, i realized i couldnt wait any longer and asked my coworker to find me a ride to the hospital. A friend came n got me as collin came to my job, picked up the car and then met me at the hospital. I was tested for various things via blood and urine ( including a pregnancy test; which i inform you i am not currently pregnant). I also had a ct scan done.
I have never hurt myself more than a possible broken toe or a cut here and there. Ive never been to the ER nor have i ever experienced anything like this ever in my life. All tests came back normal. Result: pulled muscle; possible damage to disk in spine. Ive been out of work since then. Im on bed rest with ice and heat rotating ever couple of hours as the dr has prescribed. Ive been going to my chiropractor three times a week. She is amazing! Right now im doing good but there is still pain and im not 100%...and it will take awhile to get there.
Its frustrating to not be able to do anything. At first, i couldnt move well. I could barely walk. I have to sit to dress. I couldnt get out of bed by myself. I cant drive. I cant get comfortable. I cant lift anything, im supposed to rest all the time. And for me thats very hard. So here i am updating my blog at midnight bored and frustrated with the cards dealt to me. Overall, im being told im dealing with everything very well. That i shouldnt be in a rush to get back to how things were and i know they are right. Im just in a rough place today...

1 comments:

Sadie Lady said...

Sorry lady! I hope that you get feeling better. Backs are the WORST to have issues with. Let it rest and get better.

Update us on your engagement...how did it happen? Is it the ring of your dreams? Wedding plans? Fill in the details.... :)