So i never got around to editing ross's graduation photo's or putting them up here.... I've been working and working. I keep taking extra shifts trying to make as much money as possible so that we can get a place of our own. We have a deadline of August possibly to be out. I want to get my own space anyways. It's just not cheap here at all. Plus i'm still having to take off days to do training's for my job. At the end of may i finished up the regular training's with the exception of 2 which are rescheduled for next month. I have 2 to make up and then my CPR/ First aid training. But this last month I had whats called the MED course. I learned over 5 days spread out over 2 weeks how to give out meds, what they are used for, documentation, abbreviations, etc. It was alot of information. At the beginning of each day we had to take a test and get at least an 80 to continue on with the course. And in order to keep my job I need to be Med Certified. So I got a 98 on the first test, a 91 on the 2nd, a 100 on the 3rd and a 95 on the last. The second test was the hardest just cause there was so much involved. The third was the easiest. It was a LONG 2 weeks. I was working both jobs as well if I wasn't training. It has been crazy. ( My new job is also in the process of switching from written documenting to computer which is a HUGE transition for everyone. And that has required some training as well.)
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
The Chaos is hopefully behind me...
Also the first weekend of June I went to a convention for the women's group I'm in PEO. It was in OWEGO, NY. I went as a delegate for our chapter with another lady from our group. It was SOO much fun. But it was a very long 3 day weekend. Alot of thinking and brainstorming. We were also on the go from the time we got there till we left. And The day i got back I had to go right into work and I worked full time every day for the next week or so. We had to put a presentation on for the Chapter the following week, and being the young tech savvy person I decided to show off my skills and put together a powerpoint. These ladies were so blown away. It's kinda scary how computer illiterate some people are. Even people who know how to use a computer and go on the internet. Just cause a person knows how to turn on a computer and upload pics to the internet and check their email; doesn't mean they are computer literate. They really dont have a clue. Sorry...
I have been sooo busy that I haven't had time to do laundry, fold laundry if Collin decides to do it, clean floors, have time to myself, take a nap, be with family, take control of my check book.... the list goes on and on and on. I need to find a place to live and I haven't even really had time to do that. It's crazy. Also about 2 weeks ago I got a bug that was going around the school I work for. It was going around the whole town really. I was nauseous for 4 days. But I couldn't call out; so I was at work and sick. I tried cleaning my house then and it didn't work out too well.
So here it is the 2nd to last week in June. THANK GOD. Today was my last day of school for a week and a half. I get tomorrow, tuesday and wednesday COMPLETELY off. However, I have to work the weekends. July 4rth weekend is going to be a long weekend cause I have work extra hours. But It will mean more pay!! Always a good thing. In the next month I need to get 3 supervised pours of meds with the house nurse. Then I get a slight pay raise. Tomorrow I go to look at an apartment and hopefully it will be the one. I've been living without the majority of my things for over a year now. I NEED my SPACE! This saturday I worked with my boss to get some hours off so I could go see Ringo and his band which is playing at Bethel woods
( WOODSTOCK (the original place where Woodstock was put on) ) with my boyfriend who is SOO good to me and has been putting up with all my mood swings and tough times. I couldn't ask for a better man. I love him so much.
So last sunday we celebrated Fathers day with my dad who is home for the week. Collin got a new phone for fathers day. His daughter is beautiful. We finally got some pictures of her. I'm in the process of printing out pictures for my dad of the area here in the hudson valley. I went to the Saugerties lighthouse with a friend and got some beautiful shots. And tonight we are going down to Mimi's to celebrate Ashby's graduating 8th grade and moving onto High school.
Pictures to come...
Posted by Courtney at 2:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
wow.. you are a busy lady! Glad that you got to impress others with your computer skills. Awesome job on your tests! Hang in there!
Post a Comment