Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Mr. and Mrs. Haines

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Trip to Canada

So this past weekend My Cousin Graduated from High School Valedictorian. My other cousins from Norway came to visit. It's only their second time to America. They'd never been to Niagara Falls and I haven't been to the Canadian side since I was just a kid. So since I had two days off, I took them up in my new car ( 04 white Taurus). We stayed in Ross's apartment in Buffalo. We went to the Anchor Bar and then we went and saw MY SISTERS KEEPER... SAD SAD movie but SO GOOD... I recommend everyone to go see it. But bring tissues... We got up and went to breakfast at Panos. I had difficulty explaining what French toast, Belgian waffles, and Cheese. How do I explain cheddar cheese? IDK. So Then we headed over to the Border. Got asked a million questions about who we were, where we were from, how long we were staying for, etc. Then we found the falls and went and got wet on the Maid of the Mist. It was so much fun. And finally a day without rain!! We got lost in Canada trying to find the Rainbow bridge to get back to the USA... Lol. So then we packed up and headed home. Needless to say, I treated the girls to a lovely stop by the NY State Thruway Police because I was going 80. Oh well, he made me get out and asked us a million questions, but let us go with a warning THANK GOD. All in all it was a fun day. 




Elizabet, Me, and Kirsti





Maid of the Mist













trying not to get wet... 




The Niagara Falls... from the canadian side










1 comments:

Sadie Lady said...

Sounds like fun! What a great tour guide. BTW the movie My sister's keeper ruined the ending. The book in my opinion is better, of course, but the ending is COMPLETELY different. I don't suggest reading it though, because you bawl, bawl, bawl....