Times are tough. No denying it. A week and a half ago I started my new job within the agency i was already working for. Working till 11pm 3 nights a week and having odd hours amongst other reason's just wasn't working for me anymore. Collin would always be asleep or really really cranky when i would get home. I also was dealing, and still am, with some insomnia resulting in the need to take a sleeping aid almost every night. Now i work at a Day Hab, the place where the individuals in our agency go during the day to "work", m-f 8-4. I have holiday's off and it's much easier work. Not so much physical assist or effort. It's more demanding on the voice (due to talking practically all day and repeating oneself with directions to the individuals) and mind and patience. I'm liking the change up in the job details. And i love being home for dinner every night and have my nights to myself. Plus it seems like the days go by quicker. Which for now is a good thing... I'm looking forward to improving my sleep. Not sure what's really next. We are hoping for a lot to get accomplished in the next month but we shall see if they all get done.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving
I hope everyone has a HAPPY TURKEY DAY. I am thankful that my dad and lil brother were able to safely travel to NY and that I get to spend time with both of them. Happy bday to my dad!
Posted by Courtney at 9:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Sounds like the new job might be a better fit. Love ya.
Post a Comment